Surrounded by Peacedale Preserve and farmland, this custom designed home, built in 1995, is an outstanding replica of an 18th century colonial home. With the old house look and feel, but the efficiency and reliability of modern electrical and plumbing systems, as well as good insulation and an abundance of closet and cabinet space, this house has the best features of both the antique and the modern. The exterior is designed as though it was constructed in 3 different stages, as was often the case in the 18th century. Porches, which never appeared on the front of 18th century houses, are hidden on the back of this house. It is constructed from a combination of recycled structures and modern materials, made to appear old. Much of the wood for exposed beams and wide floorboards came from two old barns and a granary. Modern amenities such as TV and stereo systems are cleverly hidden behind cabinets and attractive wainscoting. This house is filled with conveniences that may go unnoticed. As an example, for those who enjoy having electric candles in the front windows, each windowsill has an outlet controlled by a single switch for easy on/off. And when the garage was built, the 2nd floor was wired and framed, ready to support a workshop. For more details, three magazine articles about this house and the building drawings are available with the disclosures.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Traditional
4 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, LP Gas Water Heater, Well
Frame, Log, Mason, Stick Built, Stone, Stucco
5,328 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Cable TV, Electric service available
FRED S. ENGLE
Detailed Room Information
- Kitchen, Living Room, Sitting Room, Foyer, Office, Attic
- Dining Area
- Microwave, Range/Oven Built-in, Range-Oven, Dishwasher, Disposal, Electric Dryer, Double Oven, Refrigerator, Six Burner Range, Washer
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Hot Water. Radiant, Central.
- Partial, Full, Full Finished, Heated, Entrance Outside, Walkout, Workshop
- Wood Frame
- Main Level Entry.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Crown Molding, Curved Stair, Wainscoting, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, Multiple Phone Lines
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Street Parking.
- Stucco, Stone, Log, Frame
- Lot View
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Out Building, Landscaped. Backs - Parkland, Backs To Trees, Landscaping, Stream/Creek.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price